These datasets are updated on a daily basis and are available in MapInfo TAB, ESRI shapefile and Google Earth KMZ formats.
The spatial datasets are designed for use in Geographic Information Systems (GIS). KML can be viewed in Google Earth.
The following native title information is available as spatial data (maps).
- Boundaries of native title claimant applications as per the Register of Native Title Claims
- The Schedule of Applications (Federal Court)
- Determinations of native title
- Indigenous land use agreements (on the ILUA Register or in notification)
- Representative Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Body (RATSIB) areas
- Native title determined outcomes
Unless otherwise noted, all National Native Title Tribunal spatial data available for download is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license.
Geospatial Corporate Data Model
The Geospatial corporate data model contains a brief data and dictionary definition for each geospatial dataset:
Geospatial data contributes to the maintenance of Registers, by assisting with visualising and searching applications, determinations and agreements which are on the Registers.
Spatial records are held for ‘active’ application/agreement. Once an application/agreement becomes non-active (i.e. dismissed or withdrawn) the record is removed.