- install and activate security software on your computer. Ensure your security software includes anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall and anti-spam filter
- run regular scans of your computer for viruses
- remember to update your security software to ensure you are always running the current version
Other steps you should take help protect your computer:
- Check your Internet browser's security settings for ways to make your browsing more secure
- Do not open email attachments if you do not know the sender
- Only download files from reputable Internet sites
- Be wary when exchanging files with colleagues or friends
- Never click on hyperlinks in emails received from unknown sources
The National Native Title Tribunal website provides subscription-only content that requires you to set up a password.
- never share your password with anyone
- never send your password via email
- make your password as strong as possible
You should report any suspicious or unauthorised activity relating to your use of www.nntt.gov.au by contacting us. This will help us make www.nntt.gov.au as secure as we can.