The Federal Court holds complete information about native title applications, including:
- claimant applications
- non-claimant applications
- compensation applications.
However you can browse or search summary information about all native title applications on this site.
When searching by application name, typing the beginning of the name in the text box will generate results. Note that some group names may have more than one spelling. The spelling of application names on Tribunal databases is as per the spelling on application forms. If you are unsure of the spelling, you may wish to try browsing by application name.
When searching by Representative A/TSI body area, note that not all applications are represented by the representative body, but that the area covered by the application falls within the representative A/TSI body area.
These functions replace 'Snapshot' which was available from the Tribunal's previous website. You can browse or search future act and objection applications from the future acts section on this site.
A summary includes:
- the name of the application
- the date on which the application was filed
- whether or not the application is registered on the Register of Native Title Claims
- the Federal Court file number (note)
- the National Native Title Tribunal file number
- a general description of the location of the area under claim, including local government regions
- the status of the application (whether it is active or finalised).
Summaries are provided for general information only and may not include all applications held on the Register of Native Title Claims and the National Native Title Register. Nor do the summaries include the complete and detailed information held on these registers. To obtain this information please request a register extract or a search of the registers.